The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) has been a pivotal source of financial aid and support for millions of vulnerable families across Pakistan. With its commitment to responsive governance and beneficiary welfare, BISP launched its innovative platform, E-Kachehri, to directly engage with beneficiaries and address their concerns in real time. In this article, we will guide you through the process of registering your complaint through BISP E-Kachehri, ensuring your voice is heard and your grievances are promptly addressed.
Benazir Income Support Program E-Kachehri
BISP’s primary initiative, Benazir Kafaalat, offers quarterly financial assistance of Rs 9,000 to nine million registered beneficiary families. The program also extends its support through stipends under the Benazir Taleemi Wazaif and Benazir Nashonuma Programme, collectively contributing to uplifting the socio-economic conditions of the most vulnerable segments of society.
Registration Through E-Kachehri
BISP’s virtual event, E-Kachehri, held on August 29, 2023, was a resounding success, witnessing enthusiastic participation from beneficiaries nationwide. The event emphasized BISP’s dedication to beneficiary welfare and responsive governance. The event featured General Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Addl. Secretary BISP, Dr. Muhammad Tahir Noor, and his team worked diligently to address a majority of the complaints in real-time.
For complaints requiring further attention, Dr. Muhammad Tahir Noor directed the relevant authorities to ensure their resolution within one day. This proactive approach showcased BISP’s commitment to efficient and effective grievance resolution.
How to Register Your Complaint Through BISP E-Kachehri
Registering your complaint through BISP E-Kachehri is a straightforward process that ensures your concerns are promptly addressed. Follow these steps:
- Gather Information: Before you start, make sure you have all the necessary details related to your complaint. This includes your BISP beneficiary ID, contact information, and a clear description of the issue.
- Access the E-Kachehri Platform: Visit the official BISP website (insert link) and navigate to the E-Kachehri section. This is where you can register your complaint during the designated hours.
- Provide Complaint Details: Fill out the complaint registration form on the E-Kachehri platform. Include accurate and concise information about your complaint, making it easier for the team to understand and address your concern.
- Submit Your Complaint: Once you’ve filled in all the required information, submit your complaint through the online form. Make sure to double-check the details before finalizing the submission.
- Stay Informed: After submitting your complaint, you will receive a confirmation message or reference number. Keep this information handy for tracking the progress of your complaint.
How do I complain to BISP E-Kachehri?
Women who are eligible for benefits can visit the BISP Tehsil offices and the Regional Office. If they want, they can also share their complaints with the BISP HQ in Islamabad. To voice their concerns or problems, they can use the hotline number 0800-26477.
Additional Channels for BISP Complaints
In addition to E-Kachehri, beneficiaries can also reach out for assistance through the following channels:
- BISP Tehsil Offices: Visit the nearest BISP Tehsil Office to personally share your complaint and receive assistance.
- Toll-Free Helpline: Contact the toll-free helpline at 0800-26477 to discuss your concern with a BISP representative.
It’s important to note that official communication from BISP will only originate from the number 8171. To safeguard your interests, avoid trusting messages from any other numbers.
BISP’s E-Kachehri platform has proven to be a valuable avenue for beneficiaries to raise their concerns and have them promptly addressed. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can effectively register your complaint and contribute to the continuous improvement of BISP’s support services. Remember, your voice matters, and BISP is committed to ensuring your welfare through responsive governance.