The Masawat Program, initiated by the government of Pakistan, is a vital step towards providing financial assistance to transgender women, addressing their unique needs and challenges. This program offers Rs. 7,000 every three months to transgender women above the age of 40, recognizing their vulnerability and aiming to promote equality in society. In this guide, we will walk you through the simple registration process for the BISP Khawajasara Program and provide essential information about its objectives and eligibility criteria.
Understanding the BISP Masawat Program
The BISP Masawat Program is a significant initiative under the Transgender Persons Welfare Policy, aimed at providing financial support and promoting employment opportunities for transgender persons. This program offers unconditional cash transfers to elderly and disabled transgender individuals, fostering their economic development and microcredit initiatives within the transgender community.
Objectives of the 7000 Khawajasara Program
- Mainstreaming Transgender People: Inclusion of transgender individuals in public services and programs, ensuring access to livelihoods, education, health, and housing services.
- Unemployment Protection: Providing support to protect transgender individuals from unemployment by ensuring a minimum standard of living through financial aid.
- Human Capital Accumulation: Encouraging human capital accumulation among transgender individuals by enhancing their access to productive assets and income-generating activities.
- Improved Health: Enhancing the health of transgender individuals to safeguard them from health-related challenges.
Benazir Income Support Masawat Transgender Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Benazir Masawat Program, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Age above 40 years.
- Disabled transgender individuals below 40 years.
- Possession of a transgender CNIC with the mentioned disability.
How to Register for the Benazir Masawat Program Online?
The registration process for the Benazir Masawat Program is straightforward and easily accessible for transgender individuals. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Obtain a Transgender CNIC: Visit NADRA to obtain an ID card designating your gender as transgender.
- Visit the Benazir Income Support Program Office: Head to the nearest office of the Benazir Income Support Program to register for the Benazir Masawat Program.
- Online Registration Through Bank of Punjab: The government of Punjab has introduced online registration for the transgender program. Eligible transgender individuals can register themselves through any branch of the Bank of Punjab, promoting a gender-sensitive approach to social and economic development.
Benazir Masawat Program Cash Disbursement
The Equality Program ensures that transgender individuals meeting the established criteria receive financial support. The benefit amount is Rs. 3,000 per month for senior TGPs and Rs. 2,000 per month for disabled transgender persons. Money can be disbursed from any HBL Konnect agent across Punjab.
What is the Benazir Masawat Program and what is it for?
The Benazir Masawat Program is an initiative by the government to assist transgender people in society with their unique social challenges and issues.
With whom is the Benazir Masawat Program working?
The Benazir Equality Program operates in collaboration with the Punjab Social Protection Authority and the Bank of Punjab.
What are the goals of the Benazir Masawat Program?
The program aims to provide transgender individuals with access to basic healthcare, employment opportunities, and financial assistance, fostering equality and social and economic development.
In conclusion, the Benazir Masawat Program is a crucial step towards promoting inclusivity and providing much-needed support to transgender individuals in Pakistan. Through its online registration process and cash disbursement, the program strives to enhance the lives of transgender individuals and contribute to a more equitable society.